Sunday, March 7, 2010

Underpants







We are trying to ease Evan into potty training. He's never been a cold turkey kid with any of his transitions (sleeping all night, bottle to cup, bye bye pacifier, bye bye crib, the list goes on). The other day after school, I was changing his diaper and I gave him a choice: 1) get a new diaper 2) wear underpants. To my surprise, he chose underpants. I had to take a couple of pictures of him in his boxer-briefs. It lasted for about 45 minutes when I went to go check on him and sit him on the potty again. He had already peed himself and was hanging out with wet pants and wet shirts (and was totally fine with it). We'll keep plugging away at it - and hopefully by June 20 (his 3rd birthday), we'll get this figured out. To quote Evan's Grandma Mary, "Girls at 2 and Boys at 3." Sounds good to me because Evan has no interest at 2 (as of right now). :-)