The boys and I came up to Fort Wayne this week to help take care of my dad after his knee replacement surgery while my mom went to Idaho with a friend. We were planning on coming up Tuesday morning, but decided to roll up Monday night instead.
I didn't forget anything...except my camera. It wasn't that big of a deal considering we didn't really go anywhere - but then it is considering it's a week of Reid's life I DON'T have a picture for. I'm too cheap to spring for a phone that takes good pictures - the way I look at it, I would only use it for entertainment, and it's $30 a month. Well, after a year, that adds up quite a bit. I can think of lots of other things I'd rather spend $360 on....so I'll have to settle on a couple of poor quality cell phone pictures this week. :(
My sweet boy is 12 weeks old today - he's such a doll. He's been Papa's boy all week. In between doing stuff for dad, Reid, the dogs and Evan, I've been busy! Dad has been a trooper - offering to hold Reid (There aren't too many places to set him down with the dogs here.) even when he was exhausted.
It's been a good week though - I even found a new TV show I may take in again - it's called Storage Wars. Dad watches it - it's about these junk collectors that buy abandoned storage units and look for "treasure" in them.
We paid a visit to some dear friends from way back when, and we also saw my cousin, Sammy, and her two boys, Holden and Archer. Archie was born 6 days after Reid, so it was cute to see how they've grown. :)
Evan's been pretty good too considering he's had to stay inside most of the week. Reid is too little to take into the sun, and it's been so hot and humid, it's just miserable. Dad can't watch Reid for more than a few minutes at a time, so Evan has had a week of books, video games, cartoons and movies.
Did I mention the timing worked out for us to come to Fort Wayne when it came to the interior of our house? Mike stayed home and painted the lion's share of the downstairs of our house. We've lived in the house for 5-1/2 years, and we were still working with the previous owner's colors for a lot of the downstairs. He did re-do the kitchen that we had painted orange when we first moved in. I'll post pictures once I take some. :) The AC in our house also went out while he was working - so not only did he paint from Monday night to Friday night - he did 2/3 of it in 90+ degrees! What a great guy!
Ok - It's not really like me to post and post and post unless it's pictures - but that's been our week. I'll dig up a picture to post just so I can feel better about it.
Have a great weekend friends!
Here's sweet Reid last week - all ready for bed. (He won't be wearing these oh-so-easy-to-change-his-diaper-in-the-middle-of-the-night gowns much longer - big boy is a tall boy.)
Here's Evan taking a broom to the floor last week - I'm working on him. He's going to be a catch some day. A man that can bake, clean, and knows that the ladies like bracelets. ;)

1 comment:
So funny! You sound like your Aunt Pam...she is always saying how "it's $10 more a month...add that up over a year and you've spent over $100.00". Seriously, I chuckled when I read your $360.00 sentence. We've watched Storage Wars a few times...love all of those shows. I actually have a friend from high school who auditioned to be on the show. I'm not sure if he got on or not. He owns a thrift store and buys units to stock his store. Glad you got to spend some time with your Dad and lucky for you to pick the week the AC decided to go out!! :) Hugs!
Post a Comment